Secrets of Good Sleep
Sleep is vital to our health and well-being, just like air, food, and water. When we sleep well, we wake up feeling refreshed, alert and ready to deal with the challenges of the day. During sleep, we process thoughts, and the body repairs, restores and heals itself while purifying the blood. Sleep is essential for maintaining normal speech, processing memories, enabling brain development, and ensuring a tranquil mind. Poor sleep can lead to illness, premature ageing, and reduced lifespan.
Tips for good sleep:
- Do not drink liquids after 7pm
- Limit coffee and other stimulants in the evening
- Do not sleep during daytime
- Keep your bedroom quiet and peaceful
- Write down all your concerns for the day ahead before dinner
- Regular head massage
- Soak the hands and feet in warm water for 10 minutes at 6-7pm. It helps you to relax and make you fell calm
- Count backwards from 100 to 1. Which helps to process thoughts and calms the mind.
- Calming Tea
Calming tea is a natural herbal tea prepared with authentic herbs
It has been used in Ayurveda to increase mental alertness, calms and relax the mind and body. Used in yoga and meditation to bring peace of mind and body. Ideal for sleep
Drink 1 cup at 6pm
- Brambhi Tablet
Brahmi is prepared with authentic Ayurvedic herbs. It has been used in Ayurveda to maintain and restore health. These rejuvenating herbs, reduce daily stress and promotes sleep.
- Mentat Tablet
Mentat is prepared with authentic Ayurvedic herbs. It has been used in Ayurveda to maintain and restore health. These rejuvenating herbs, reduce mental stress and promotes sleep, focus and boost memory
Two tablet a day 1 hour before sleep
- ShankPushpi Tablet
Shankpusphi is prepared with authentic Ayurvedic herbs. It has been used in Ayurveda to maintain and restore health. These rejuvenating herbs, reduce emotional stress and promotes Sleep.
- Lavender oil
Relax the mind and body. Promotes Sleep
- Vitamin B- Complex B 50
Ideal for healthy brain, nerves and stress. Promotes sleep
Take it once a day after breakfast.
- Hair Oil
Hair oil is a natural oil prepared with authentic herbs. It has been used in
Ayurveda for hair care, promoting hair growth and relaxing the mind.
Traditionally used for calming the mind and hair care. This is excellent for sleeping problems and boosting concentration and memory.
- Sleep Treatment…
Sleep treatments from a qualified therapist include hand, feet and head massage, steam, Acupuncture and natural therapies. It helps to regulate sleep and relax and refreshes the mind.
- SHIRO DHARA THERAPY… Dripping Oil or Milk on forehead Shiro-dhara therapy uses medicated oil or milk, dripped very slowly on to the forehead for up to 15 to 30 minutes to calm the mind and restore vital energy and brain function. It is beneficial for sleep problems, headaches, skin disease, anxiety, depression, emotional upset, negative feelings and thoughts, poor memory, lack of concentration, stress at home or at work, being unable to make decisions, and feelings of anger, hate or jealousy. Improves breathing, hearing and vision. Ultimate rejuvenating and relaxing therapy.
- Head Massage
Head Massage is based on Ayurvedic system of healing. Treatment with head massage and hair steam, this help to relax head, stimulate hair follicle to promote growth, improve circulation, moisturise scalp and hair. Very effective for stress, fatigue, tension, relaxing and good for sleep.
Food for sleep:
- Avoid deep-fried foods
- Limit coffee and gas-forming foods such as wheat, seeds, and grains
- Breakfast cooked apple, papaya, rice bread
- Drink rose water 1 teaspoon with a glass of water or sprinkle on food.
- Avoid cold food, salad, and yogurt at dinner time
- Eat 4 – 6 soaked almonds at breakfast
EXERCISE FOR SLEEP:
- Alternate nose breathing…
Breath in with left nostril and breath out with right nostril. Repeat it for 20 times twice day.
2.Breathing out Singing Bee Sound…
Singing bee: Close both ears with the thumbs and both eyes with the index finger and breathe in. Hold the breath for a count of four and concentrate on right side of the brain, then breathe out through both nostrils making a buzzing bee sound. Repeat 5 to 7 times to calm the mind, balance the emotions and find inner peace. Ideal for sleep.
Meditation has been dated in human history for 5000 years.
Daily meditation helps to achieve the perfect stability and health in your mind, body and soul. Meditation has been scientifically proven to have beneficial effects on both the cardiovascular and respiratory systems and has a correlation with sharing a long healthy life. Regular meditation helps sleep.
The Benefits of Meditation:
- Rejuvenation of the Brain Cells
- Improvement in focus, concentration and Memory
- Promoting Good Sleep
Disclaimer: we do not make any health benefit claims. For Medical advice consult your doctor and qualified health professional.